- This Privacy Statement
- What information do we collect and what do we do with it?
- To assist us in delivering services to you we may collect information about you or your computer when you browse on our website, or if you choose to register and take advantage of our services.
- We will use the information which we collect to help us to improve the usefulness and effectiveness of our web site services, and to personalize your experience on our web site, to help you log on in future and to continue to use our web site. By knowing your preferences we can deliver relevant information that meets your needs and ensure that your visit to our site is quick, easy and productive.
- All information provided to us through our web site is provided by you on a voluntary basis.
- Information collected through RideShark includes name, telephone or cell phone numbers, email address, origin address, destination address and preferences related to ridesharing activity. All information supplied by end users is voluntary. Data and information collected is used by RideShark to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the RideShark system. Client administrators have access to the information entered into their RideShark hosted site. Information is not shared between clients..
- If you have registered on our site we may use your email address to respond to inquiries and to provide you with information that may be of interest to you, relating to products similar to those you use or have used in the past, at your request.
- If RideShark, or the division responsible for providing you with the applicable products or services, is sold, merged or consolidated (in whole or in part), then your information will be transferred to the acquirer or new entity.
- Accessing your information
- If you want to access or update any of your information held by RideShark, you can make certain changes on-line (by editing your profile while you are logged in). Please contact us at info@RideShark.com if you need assistance in relation to your personal information, or if you are having problems modifying your profile.
- Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- We may need to pass your personal information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop our web site and the products and services we offer and provide to you. If so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose.
- From time to time, RideShark may pass your personal information to selected third parties who provide products and services available on our web site that might be of interest to you. Such third parties will not use your personal information for any other purpose. If you do not wish to permit such third party use, you should follow the procedure set out in this Privacy Statement to remove your personal information from our records.
- If we do disclose personal information to third parties, we will only do so to third parties whom we are reasonably satisfied have measures to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with all applicable laws. However, we are not responsible for such third parties.
- Client administrators have full access to all data voluntarily entered into their hosted site.
- Your Consent
- By using our web site, you expressly agree to the collection and use of your personal information as set out above for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement.
- You should be aware that personal information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a posting (such as a blog or chat forum) may be viewed and used by others. We are unable to control such uses of your personally identifiable information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties.
- Our Responsibilities - How does RideShark protect user information?
- RideShark respects the privacy of its customers and business partners and is committed to complying with all laws relating to the protection of personal data. RideShark has adopted principles of privacy and data protection that apply to all our global operations and protect the rights of customers in compliance with all laws relating to the protection of personal information.
- To prevent unauthorized access, we follow reasonable security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have given to us. However, no system can completely prevent unauthorized access, and by using the web site you assume the risk that, despite RideShark’s reasonable efforts, unauthorized access to your information is a possibility.
- Certain areas of our web site are password protected. You can help to preserve your privacy by never sharing your password with anyone else.
- What are 'Cookies' and how do we use them?
- A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser. The information stored will make your usage of our web site easier and faster because it allows you to use our web site without having to re-enter information on each visit. Cookies also maintain the visitor's identity while at our web site so you need only log in once. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance.
- As a visitor to this site, you can obtain further information about our third party providers policies or opt out of their services by deactivating their cookies. This may be done by visiting their web sites.
- Changes to Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to add to or change the terms of this Privacy Statement at our sole discretion, without prior notice to you. If we change this Privacy Statement, we will post the new Privacy Statement on our web site, and it will become effective from the time of posting to our web site. Please visit this Privacy Statement on a regular basis to make sure you have read the latest version and you understand what we do with your personal information. Whenever possible, we will give you notice of any changes prior to their implementation. Your continued use of our web site following the posting of changes to these terms means that you consent to those changes.
You may opt-out of receiving further information from RideShark by sending us an e-mail at: Info@RideShark.com. In your e-mail, please give us your full name and email address and indication that you do not wish to receive further information from RideShark. However, we are not able to remove your information from the lists of third parties with whom such information has already been shared as permitted by this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, you may contact us at: RideSharkr@RideShark.com
This version of the Privacy Statement is effective as of January 1, 2009